keeping it simple

Feb 21, 2014


President's Day was this week, and two things came to mind.  I need to prune my roses and it's free admission day at the Portland Japanese Garden.  Seeing that it was a damp and drizzly day, I chose the latter. 

I first wrote about this enchanting place last year in this blog post.  I have been meaning to visit in the springtime when the plants and trees are in bloom.  Rhododendrens and azaleas especially thrive in this wet environment, and I love the vibrancy of their flowers. 

handsome koi

Strolling through the garden is such a peaceful experience.  And I am reminded how beauty is often in the simplest of things.

This week, I worked on a small linocut of Mt Hood.  It was nice to leisurely work on a project without the worries of deadlines or expectations.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the prints yet.  I could leave them as they are or add details to the sky.  What do you think?



2 comments:

chisty said...

I think the blank sky is just great. If you made another and offset the mountaintop a bit, people could use them for invites/cards/etc! Just lovely, per usual :)

April, Jennifer, Carol said...

I say add details! :)
That said, they are lovely as is...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...