Tea towels pretty enough for a queen

Dec 10, 2009

I have a thing for printed fabric, and there's a large box of fat quarters in my closet to prove it.  More and more I've noticed artists, particularly printmakers, have ventured into printing their designs onto fabric. It seems to make sense for artists who are interested in product design and functional art.

Artist-designed tea towels have especially been the popular rage the last couple of years.  As limited edition art, they are relatively affordable and a great way to jazz up a kitchen.  Here are a few designs that I think are quite delectable. 



Makelike, a local Portland design company, sent a sample of their new succulent wallpaper design to my shop earlier this year. I'm still considering their beautiful wallpaper for a wall in my livingroom, but I'm crazy for their succulent tea towel!

Third Drawer Down has an amazing selection of artist series tea towels.  We sold several of their commissioned designs at the shop.  My new favorite is Camilla Engman's Can We Dance?



J'adore designs from French design studio, Atelier LZC.  This asian-inspired tea towel from their 2008 collection is so lovely. 

(photo source: Figments)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...