A tribute to Maurice Sendak

Jan 4, 2010

Many years ago, I was in a kid's store and saw an old poster sitting on the floor with a clearance sticker.  It was In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak.  I have always been a fan of Sendak's illustrative works, so I counted it as fate that I came across the poster.  I took it home that day, and it's been hanging on our walls ever since.

With the release of the movie, Where the Wild Things Are, there has been a renewed appreciation of Sendak's award-winning works.  The website Terrible Yellow Eyes, for example, features art inspired by Sendak's book Where the Wild Things Are. There are nearly 200 works of art from artists around the globe in the Terrible Yellow Eyes collection.  Below is a sampling of some of the pieces on the site. 


Ana Glavan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...