New work, "Celestial"

Dec 9, 2011


I thought for sure our family could retreat to a quiet, secluded place for the holidays this year.  But that was before I said yes to two upcoming events.  The first is a handmade holiday fair at a local school, Capitol Hill.  I'm actually one of the event organizers, so I've been running around this week passing out flyers and mulling over last minute details.  Crafty Wonderland is this weekend, and some of the participating vendors will be at the Capitol Hill Holiday Market next weekend.  Click here for more information about our little handmade fair.

The second event is my art show at Prana.  For the month of January, I'm the featured artist at Portland's new Prana store.  I'm planning on showcasing a few new originals along with other 2011 works.  My latest painting is Celestial, which is an 18" x 18" mixed media work on wood panel.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new piece "Celestial," is amazing you pieces always make me feel like I am right there in the enviroment amongst nature, so beautiful.

Erin said...

Ah YES! I feel the scale of the nature, the vast space despite the size of your painting. So beautiful!!

Amelia Herbertson said...

Hi Cathy!
I just found your lovely blog on the Artists who Blog website. Just wanted to let you know your work is so beautiful! I love to use patterns in my art too. :)

Pam said...

I have been following your blog and love your art. Celestial is beautiful - love it. Thanks for sharing it with all of us to enjoy!

Kathrin said...

Wow Cathy, what a beautiful new piece. But then, all of your work is outstanding. My daughter is in love with the print we purchased last year and we're so lucky to be reminded every day of your wonderful talent. Enjoy your busy holiday season.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...