Swapathon- your stuff for my art

Aug 29, 2012

running low on tea and yarn

Welcome to the third Swapathon event on my blog! This is where I trade my art for something you have or make.  Anyone can participate, even those who have swapped with me in the past! The exchange is for any item in my shop valued up to $25 (plus free shipping).  Or, if you prefer, a $25 credit towards an artwork.  

Here are some items I would love to trade for:

Yarn remnants (preferably natural fibers), tea, vintage fabric, homemade soap/lotion/lip balm, kitchen towels, fingerless gloves/mittens, homemade baking mixes, and, of course, anything drawn, printed, or sculpted. 

I'm pretty open to whatever you come up with, and I look forward to reading some of your ideas!

On Sunday at noon (PST), five names will be randomly chosen from the comment list below, and the names will be posted here.  Can't wait to start swapping!

9/2: Thanks so much for all of your wonderful swap ideas!  My [very unbiased] husband picked five names out of a bowl, and here are this year's swapathon winners:

Lamina, Linda, Sally, Katie, and Annie

For those of you without contact info in your blogger profile, please email me at catmcmurray[at]gmail[dot]com.  Thanks!

13 comments:

Jessica Hougen said...

I love your swap idea! I have tons of yarn remnants in natural fibers, an amazing selection of tea, and quite possibly some fingerless gloves already knit up, waiting for a good home....

Unknown said...

I have lots of bits and bobs of yarn, vintage sewing patterns, home canned jams, even some tea though I mostly want to part with the decaf. :)

lamina@do a bit said...

I love this idea and your work... how excellent! I love to screen print textiles and make things... so my swap offer would be a screen printed handmade pouch (cotton/linen) and screen printed linen tea towel :)

Katie said...

Hey Cathy! I love this idea so much - I bartered some handmade knitwear for my blog logo! :) I am in the process of making my autumn/ winter collection of accessories
(you can have a peek here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jesuisunemonstre?ref=si_shop)

and I have lots of remnants of natural fibres that you are welcome to have! I would so love to have one of your beautiful artworks, and swapping art for supplies and things that we all want is just perfect by my book!

Katie. xxx

Katie said...

Also....I am English, and have a fine selection of tea! Merino wool and fine tea for you? :) XXX

Annie said...

I have a pretty ridiculous yarn hoard going (I could knit you something too!!) and I'd love to make some artwork to trade as well!

linda said...

hi cathy - i have a couple of your pieces and would love more of course! i am a huge tea drinker so would love to send you some delicous teas as well as a sampling of my husbands handy artwork ... He does pencil drawings in a very modern achitectural graphic style.

modfolk said...

Maybe a wooden deer figurine handpainted by me?

I wouldn't mind making a necklace for you similar to these: http://instagram.com/p/iTLy6/
http://twitteringbird.blogspot.com/2011/12/handmade-gifts-for-holidays.html

Or this key fob:
http://instagram.com/p/ktmQ-/

I can probably knit up a pair of fingerless mittens as well, although my knitting skills are a bit rusty...it would be a fun way to get back into it.

Thanks for hosting another swap Cathy! xoxo...

LittleCanoe said...

I would love to trade you something from my shop with something from your shop! I love art trades! My shop is www.thelittlecanoe.etsy.com

This is such a great idea! Good luck choosing just 5 ;)

madoka said...

I create mini oil & sumi ink paintings on wood. This is such an awesome idea! Love to participate :)

Sally said...

Hi Cathy, it goes without saying that I've long admired your artwork. As to what I've got to offer in return ... well I make a lot of different things out of mainly felted jumpers, and zipper pouches from vintage fabrics, as well as painting. I'm sure if I'm one of the lucky ones that we'll come up with something that you'll love in return! Also I'd be throwing in some Twinings NZ Breakfast Tea, which our Prime Minister gave to the Queen recently!!

Garner said...

great idea! i have some handspun merino wool yarn and vintage fabrics i'd love to swap!

only daydreaming said...

so bummed that I missed out on this. would love to swap art with you sometime. if you are ever interested, please get in touch.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...