Be a "model" for your kids

Oct 4, 2009

Kids love to draw, especially if you ask them to draw something in particular.  The other day, I brought out a spiral sketchbook and asked my daughters if they wanted to draw me.  Since sketchbooks (especially the oversized ones) are so much more exciting than printer paper, both girls replied with an enthusiastic "yes!"

I armed my daughters (who are 6 and 9) with sharpie pens and encouraged them to look up at their subject (me) as much as possible while they were drawing.

Minutes later, we had lots of fun looking at the finished drawings and talking about each picture.  It's a great short art activity to do with kids that gets them drawing and, at the same time, have "face time" with their parents. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...