Mar 5, 2010
Eureka is my latest mixed media work. The title, which is a term commonly associated with the California Gold Rush, came to me after drawing the cave-like structure with gold dots. I thought that the themes of movement and discovery were fitting for the composition.
Also this week, Gretchenmist kindly passed on the Kreativ Blog Award to me. To be honest, I hadn't heard of the Kreativ Award before, so I did a quick google search. The basis of it is to share seven things about myself that readers may find interesting and then recognize seven other creative bloggers. So here we go:
1. I wanted to be a fashion designer in the 8th grade. I made a lot of my own clothing at the time, including a bright fuschia pant jumper.
2. I don't like drinking coffee, but it's my favorite ice cream flavor.
3. I love to garden. My favorite flower is the peony.
4. I have a weakness for chocolate covered raisins- not the cheap kind.
5. One of my favorite places to escape to is the antique store.
6. I rarely listen to music while I'm working on my art.
7. I imagine myself as a surgeon in a parallel life.
Here's my list of seven blogs you should check out:
The Jealous Curator
Fine Little Day
And of course, Art Hound, who I have been partnering with on the Portland/Brooklyn artist series. For this Monday's post, I'll be featuring Trish Grantham!