Fashion illustration

Jul 30, 2010

In my last post, I featured Tina Berning's illustrations of women.  Fashion plays an essential part in Berning's art, which is one of the reasons I'm drawn to her work.  When I was thirteen, I desperately wanted to be a fashion designer.  So I spent countless hours sketching new outfits and even sewing my own clothes.  (The first article of clothing I ever made was a hot pink jumpsuit!) 

My mother knew that I was really into fashion, and one day, she came home with this amazing Japanese book.  This book full of fashion illustrations became my prized possession.  I studied the drawings and would try to copy every little detail until it was perfect.  I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I drew this face:


Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, so I don't even know the title of the book or the name of the illustrator.  Here's the biographical page of the author.  Maybe you can help me out?

5 comments:

Charissa said...

What an awesome mom. I'll see if my friend might be able to translate the artist's name for you!

Cathy said...

That would be so great- thank you!

Charissa said...

Just heard from my friend - his name is Motohiro Shimokawa.

Cathy said...

Nice! Now hopefully I'll be able to find more information on the artist and book.

Much thanks to you and your friend : )

Anonymous said...

I love these fashion sketches. I am trying to get into Fashion Illustration. Any tips would be awesome.
bethanie.n@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...