Artists I like: Megan McIsaac

Mar 9, 2011


You know when someone is talented when their creative work makes you want to be a better artist, which is exactly what happened when I came across Megan McIsaac's photography.   Currently residing in Portland, Megan shoots exclusively with a Mamiya c330.  Browsing her tumblr site makes me want to grab my Autocord and head to the streets!  I absolutely love these two black and white shots she recently took in New York City.  (Incidentally, that's artist Mark Warren Jacques.)  Some of her work reminds me of renown French photographer, Henri Cartier-Bresson


McIsaac's color photography is just as compelling.  I didn't think I was a huge fan of yellow until now!


I also admire folks who can take really good pictures of themselves- I am not one of them.  Is it just me, or do you see a little bit of Audrey Hepburn in the first photo?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, just beautifully done photos. LOVE. xx

Agata said...

Hi, yesterday I found your blog and watch it the second day. You're doing beautiful work! I am delighted with everything I got here.
And the artists, of whom you write, they are really inspiring! Thanks for that!

marjorie rose said...

Just from these chosen images, I can tell that this is a great recommendation of a great photographer. I can't wait to explore!

Cathy said...

Agata, I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. Thanks for your sweet words about my work.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, absolutely Audrey Hepburn!
Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful photos, looks like you've found a great photographer!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...