back at it

Apr 12, 2012

summer in the mountains
mystic


After an unexpected sickcation, I'm painting again.  And the sun is finally coming out, the birds are chirping, and there are starts in my veggie garden.  So things are definitely looking up. 

Spring is my favorite season.  The cherry blossoms and magnolias are absolutely stunning.  And I love the smell of the air at this time.  It smells fresh, particularly after a rainfall, and sometimes there's a trace of sweetness from a flowering bush.

As the seasons change, so does my color palette.  I'm moving away from dark, wintery colors to warmer and softer tones.  Here's a snapshot of what I started yesterday:


It's Mont Blanc.  I was going through some older photographs, and I found a black and white picture I took of the mountain in '98.  Mont Blanc is a beautiful mountain.  There is a feminine nature to its rounded summit.  I can understand why it's sometimes referred to as La Dame Blanche (The White Lady).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...