My Week

Jan 22, 2011


I found this little glass jar at an antique store and knew immediately what I wanted to do with it.  I took it home, painted some lines on it, and created a home for a tiny plant. 


I'm going to be an aunt again! More sweet cheeks to kiss and snuggle.  I already started on a baby blanket using scrap yarn from other crochet projects. 


Yummy sushi for mommy and daughter date.  One of our favorite family spots is Sushi Takahashi in Portland's Duniway neighborhood. 

The lowlight this week was the downpour of rain last weekend that caused water to come into our basement.  This video captures how fierce the nearby rivers can be after excessive rainfall. 
 

3 comments:

HomeCollection. said...

Wow the video of the Sandy river is scaring..
but the little jar is very sweet!

nesting.emily said...

I love the video & the little bottle!!

annekata said...

Beautiful how the images work together. The baby blanket with all the movement and waves seems so calm, just how the river must be without the rain. The video is breathtaking. The power of the water and how forcefully nature takes its course. It must have been scary, especially for those living close. Hope your basement is all dry again.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...